Video Hype: Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley on Showtime's Fight Camp 360

Source- badlefthook.com

I reckon it looks like Showtime did their usual fine job, but I will say again that I really doubt that this particular series has been made with the already-familiar boxing fan in mind. This is to spread the good word of Manny Pacquiao (oh and this "Mosley" fellow -- he seems lovely!) out to the masses who either only know the name and mispronounce it, or don't know anything at all about him. Pacquiao's ability to hook fans is remarkable. I've never watched a Pacquiao fight with someone who wound up going, "You know something? I don't like that guy." He's just too nice, too talented, too likeable, and he doesn't run around grimacing and making mean mug faces or trying to play a fake character, which I think at this point is pretty much old hat that nobody wants to see anymore. The only money-making villain I can think of in recent years is Mayweather, in part because Floyd can say "I'm playing a character" all he wants to, but the further we go along the less like a character "Money Mayweather" appears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More